It’s that time again.
I’ve really got to think of better ways to start my blog posts….
I am going to be interview my characters from my Camp NaNo Novel, Joel Wiiir and Sally Regen. Their around 15 to 17. (I haven’t figured that out yet…) The story is a time-travel historical set in WWII.
1. What is their secret desire?
Joel would never tell anyone but he’s lonely because his mother travels all over the worlds. He is only child (because his father died in a car accident) and is home-schooled because of his mothers travels. (His mom is a historian) So his secret desire would probably be to have a normal life.
Sally has always wanted to be a painter but before the war happened she was promised to be a governess when she was 18.
2. What is the best and brightest moment they experience during the story?
It would probably be on the train when Sally and Joel meet for the first time.
3. What are the emotional places your characters are afraid to go to?
Going to the Nazi contraction camps was hard for Sally because her Uncle died in that camp.
After Sally dies, Joel can’t bear to be near Sally’s cell.
4. Is there a place/city/room where they will never go? Why?
5. If they were permanently leaving town, what would they easily throw out? What would they refuse to part with? (Why?)
Sally could easily part with her early paintings But she wouldn’t be able to give up her Grandma’s amber necklace.
Joel could easily part with everything. Except his mom.
6. What do they want (consciously and tangibly)?
This is kinda similarly to the first question. Joel wants a normal life and Sally wants to be a painter.
At the camp Joel wants to stay with Sally at all times since he knows what happens at the gas champers aka ‘showers’.
7. On the other hand: what do they need (on the emotional, subconscious level)?
Joel needs someone to be his friend, he also needs to become more brave when hard things happen.
Sally needs someone to tell her that the world is not perfect.
8. If they could change one thing about themselves, what would it be?
Joel thinks his curls are sissy and would easily part with them. (His mom would freak if he did that)
Sally often thinks of the worse possible situation and she wants to change from that.
9. What is the most humiliating event of their life?
It would probably be back when he used to not travel as much, his ‘friends’ thought it would be fun to pull his pants off in the middle of the mall…
For Sally, it would probably be telling her Aunt about her dream to be a painter and her Aunt told her it was a stupid idea.
10. What things do they turn to when they need a bit of hope?
They turn to God. Jesus means a whole lot more to them when there stuck in the Nazi camps…