It’s time for another discussion.
Myself I personally love NaNoWriMo. I haven’t actually won yet *wipes tear* but I plan to win this July. (But I planed to win April and…)
Let’s go through some pros and cons
- NaNoWriMo really kicks you in the butt to write. I mean they even have a contract for you.
- You get to meet other writers. In the Camp NaNoWriMo you’re placed in a cabin with a bunch of other writers. It so nice to tell each other how your failing on your novel. Makes you feel better about yourself and you aren’t the worlds most horrible writer. There are also forms in the November NaNo were you can meet other writers.
- If you win you get to shove it in everyone face if you want to. Or you can do it the Canadian way and just stick a ‘Winner!’ button on your blog/Facebook etc. ( Does anyone get that )
But alas there are also cons
- Burnout y’all! Ever single flippin’ time at the end of every NaNoWriMo… I just don’t want to write. And it’s hard to start writing again because it’s pretty sad that you were pumping out 2k a day and now your barely squeaking out 100 a day. On a good day…
- It takes alot of time. You got school, chores, and a bunch of other stuff that you need to do. Sometimes there is just never time for writing…
- And if you lose its the end of the world. On Nov 30 2014, I just felt like a failure because I din’t finish my novel. I even cried. *gasp* *ponies gasp* *Stephen Harper gasps*
But even with all the con’s I am a NaNoWriMo-er to the grave.